26 Aug REGATTA LANE ALLOTMENTS Burton On Trent
Burton on Trent
Our Club has approx 150 Allotment Plot Holders and up to 200 local Cottage Gardeners.
Volcanic rock dust had been used in many ways including widespread across the gardens and plots, mixing in compost bins and general potting compost and topping up hanging baskets.
Here is a summary of comments so far:
- Best BEDDING PLANTS display I have ever had!
- My ONIONS, SHALLOTS and GARLIC are much bigger than other years and there is a reduction in white rot!
- RUNNER BEANS have cropped really well this year!
- First year my CAULIFLOWERS have not had stem rot and size is great!
- I potted 1/2 my SWEET CORN in compost & rock dust and 1/2 just in compost. Compost & rock dust plants are x2 size of compost only!
- I mixed rock dust in my LEEK seed bed with fantastic results. Roots were so numerous and large I had trouble transplanting them.
- My BRASSICAS plants are tremendous. Plants look very vigorous and strong plus the overall size of the plants is great.
- MOST ECONOMIC PRODUCT I HAVE EVER PURCHASED!